Click for HORIZON WEATHER FORUM Click for RUGGIE WEATHER MODELS PAGE Click for RUGGIE WEATHER RADAR AND SATELLITE Click for CURRENT CONDITIONS PAGE

Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Preliminary Call for Sunday/Sunday Night. A minor snow event For PHL to NYC, with a Coastal Brush !

Christmas Day
12/25/10
Saturday Update: 7:00 AM

Merry Christmas to All ! Some big changes in my forecast on the way. SECS/MECS is looking likely from Sunday into Monday AM with significant snow accumulations likely. I'll have my final call out today. With it being Christmas Day and being on the run, I'll do my best to have my final call out by Early afternoon.

Ruggie

____________________________________________
Thursday 6:00 PM
12/23/10
Discussion and Preliminary Call:
For The Delaware Valley and NYC areas.

It's been another long week of tracking a storm ! I was never very impressed with storm from the beginning. I've been mentioning things such as pattern recognition and problems with some key upper level features, that would prevent a major East Coast Storm. It now appears this storm will come together too far east, and too late, for any significant snow accumulations in The Delaware Valley and NYC areas. For all points east of a line from DCA/BWI to PHL and NYC will have a shot at a minor snow event, for Sunday afternoon into Sunday night.

At this time, I'm confident in saying this will be another coastal storm, that will remain far enough offshore to prevent any major snowstorm for much of the M/A States. Parts of Eastern New England will have the best chance for a moderate snow event during Sunday night into Monday. I'll have a more detailed explanation and Final Call on Saturday (Christmas Day) Some minor adjustments are possible, as an deviation of 100 miles or so, could cause my preliminary estimates to go higher or lower.

There's also a chance that we could completely be missed with this storm, and only see some flurries Sunday afternoon and evening. But I do think We'll so some snow with this storm, but amounts will be on the light side and confined mainly over DE/NJ and into NYC and Long Island.

My Preliminary Estimates:
Light snow event for Sunday Afternoon and Sunday Night !


PHL and NW Suburbs of SE PA, including the Lehigh Valley:
A Coating to 2"

All of DE and NJ:
2" to 4"

NYC Metro Area:
2"-4"

Central and Eastern L.I. (Long Island)
3"-6"

I'll have my final call out on Saturday (Christmas Day) some minor adjustments are possible so check back and enjoy your Christmas Holiday Folks !

I'll be on the Barometer Bob show this evening, to discuss the storm and Accu-Weather Meteorologist Joe Bastardi will join in with his thoughts around 9:30 PM. The show starts at 8:00 PM and I'll be on around 8:30 PM.

Please join the show and call in with any questions.
http://www.barometerbobshow.com/


A Merry Christmas to all !
Ruggie

No comments: